Tuesday, January 20, 2009

OK, here goes. I have been talking about doing this for eons! Now, I'm finally doing it. Check off one more New Year's resolution.

I think I signed up for this blog about two years ago, and am just now claiming it. My friend Amy originally sent it to me, but I just never made the time to do anything about it. This will be the second time I have followed Amy's lead on something. (The first time I followed her lead, I lost 25 pounds and my husband lost 50! Yeah Weight Watchers! . . . Thanks, Amy!)

So, what is this blog going to be about? I'm sure it's going to be about a myriad of things, but primarily, this is going to be the spot where I vent. You'll come to find out that I am (as my brother always tells me) a VERY emotional person. While I don't necessarily take things personally, I sure as hell have strong opinions about things and my emotional side has a tendency to carry over into those opinions. Don't worry, you'll see.

For now, I am just going to revel in moment. I have officially started my blog. I am tired and am going to go to sleep.

One thing before I go . . . while I was not one of the millions who voted for Barack Obama, nor was I one of the million and a half to join him down on the Mall today, I do have the utmost respect for the challenges he has overcome, and the grace with which he accepted his role as President. I applaud the Bush Family for having class and making this transition what is reportedly the smoothest transition history. We are privileged to be a part of such an amazing country. It was my honor to witness history today. America is the land of the free and the home of the brave. There is nothing we can't overcome. There is nothing we can't do.

God Bless you, President Obama. God Bless you, President George W. Bush. God Bless you, America!

Good night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home