Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I conquered my dirty refrigerator today. My long-term sub gig ended last week. Thankfully, the teacher I was subbing for is back in the saddle and doing well. She told me she has her good days and her bad days, but on the whole, she's doing okay. We continue to pray for her and her kids.

Anyway, Corey came down with strep this weekend. Turns out 8 other kids in his class got it this weekend as well!!! Whatev . . . Corey has been on antibiotics since Saturday, but he is still running a fever three days later. He stayed home today, hence, my being able to clean the refrigerator. I thought he would be going to school tomorrow, but he came down with another fever today. I called the pediatrician and they said to lay low today; monitor his breathing; and watch to make sure he doesn't vomit. If he vomits or has trouble breathing I'm to bring him in tomorrow. Also, if he has a fever tomorrow, I'm to bring him in. I guess they want to run a flu test on him as well. Poor kid. :-(

Now, I don't mind staying home with him and taking care of him. Heck, I finally got a chance to clean out the fridge. However, this would be the day that I not only got a call to sub at my kids' school (has only happened 3 times this school year), I also got a call to sub at the school I have been subbing at all school year (BMES). Needless to say, I can definitely use the work. Later in the day, though, BMES called me to come in and sub on Thursday for 3rd grade and Friday for 2nd grade. I'll take it. Of course, about 3 hours later I got a call from my kids' school asking me if I'd like a 3-day sub job in a third grade class up there! AAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK! NEVER has their school called me so much, and I'm totally frustrated that I can't do it! Oh well, hopefully they'll call me next week. I'm WIDE open next week!

Keep my baby boy (8-years old . . . he HATES when I say that) in your prayers. He's pretty sick.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hoping your little one gets healthy. I just had my daughter in the hospital for the week so I understand. The blog is great!!! -dave

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home